Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC) aims to connect with its over 8,000 graduates together worldwide in its second Alumni Forum on ‘The Potentials of Online Training and Capacity Building for Strengthening Disaster and Climate Resilience’ in an effort to share good practices and lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Forum is committed to improving the strategic approach to capacity development to shape global, regional, and national agendas.
The Forum will be held on 28 October 2021 from 3:45pm (Bangkok time) and will be moderated by Mr. Bill Ho, Director and Officer in Charge of ADPC Academy.
Discussions will focus on how ADPC promotes online learning in the ‘New Normal’, share key highlights from the First ADPC Alumni Forum as well as experiences and lessons learned, how to conduct effective online training and capacity development during the pandemic, and discuss building the capacities of local government on resilience.
Speakers will include:
● Mr. Hans Guttman, Executive Director of ADPC
● Mr. Aslam Perwaiz, Deputy Executive Director of ADPC
● Mr. Avelino F. Filio Jr., Capacity Development Specialist at ADPC Academy
● Ms. Elisa Schmidt, Capacity Development Coordinator at ADPC Academy
● Ms. Sophie Baranes, Coordinator Capacity for Disaster Reduction (CADRI) Initiative Partnership Secretariat, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
● Dr. Mutaraika Pruksapong, United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) Office for Northeast Asia (ONEA) and Global Education and Training Institute (GETI)
Interested ADPC alumni can register via Zoom here.