Climate Innovation Challenge
Partnership, Applicability and Scalability of Innovations and Technologies for Climate Resilience in South Asia
Community-level Early-warning System
Early warnings on climate change impact which includes slow onset changes and shifts in climate such as precipitation and temperature patterns, as well as degradation in ecosystem and resource quality, is rarely understood, collected or shared with communities. Intrinsic to this problem is the lack of monitoring, collecting and sharing information locally and feeding to the decision-making and scientific knowledge to respond to early warnings.
- Translating climate science to useable information for communities.
- Translation of information from local administration to communities.
- Decision Support Systems for local authorities.
- Detection and forecasting at a local level.
- Analysis and Warning at a local level.