Partnership, Applicability and Scalability of Innovations and Technologies for Climate Resilience in South Asia
A) Due Diligence and Proposal Submission: A list of provisional finalists selected by the jury were screened for due diligence including a financial management capability assessment and firm or organizational eligibility. The provisional finalists were asked to develop and submit a short technical and financial proposal backed by endorsements/confirmation from relevant authorities in their area of deployment.
B) Award decisions and announcements: The grants management team made the final decision on which organizations are provided with grants and the final winning solutions were selected based on:
- Value for Money: a total of 2 million USD must be utilized in a way that it covers all the themes and geographically important locations.
- Timeline: All field implementation by selected innovators must be completed by 31 July 2022 and followed strictly followed as per the financing agreement with WBG and FCDO.
- Cater to the larger CARE objectives: The selected innovation must reflect and contribute towards achieving the overall objectives of WB CARE project of south Asia.
- Credible Institutions: Institutions/entities must have inbuilt management system and capabilities to implement their solution without much handholding.
- Regulatory approvals: All approved solution must have formal approval by the end users including government acceptance and permissions to avoid hurdles and delays in implementation.
- Implementation: The period for the implementation will be eight (8) months during which there are regular monitoring and a final evaluation of the implementation and scope for scaling the proposal is required.
- carry out the project with due diligence and efficiency and in accordance with sound technical, economic, financial, managerial, environmental and social standards and practices satisfactory to ADPC,
- maintain policies and procedures to enable it to monitor and evaluate the progress of the Sub-grant in accordance with indicators acceptable to ADPC.
- prepare financial statements in accordance with consistently applied accounting standards acceptable to ADPC.
- procure the goods, works and services to be financed out (of the grant) in accordance with the provisions of the Sub grant Agreement.
- promptly inform the ADPC of any condition which interferes and threatens to interfere with the purpose of the project or with its performance.
- complete the carrying out of the pilot before the Closing Date.
- maintain policies and procedures to enable to monitor the progress of the pilot and the achievement of its objectives.
- abide by, and comply with, the terms and conditions of the safeguard instruments, as applicable; and
- accept physical or documentary inspection by the ADPC in relation to the carrying out of the project